The use of all websites operated by Lunar Publishing Ltd (unless explicity stated on individual sites) shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Sites are published and operated by Lunar Publishing Ltd, 17 Stilebrook Road, Olney MK46 5EA.
Access to particular areas of the Website may be subject to additional terms to which you must consent in order to use those areas.
- BY ENTERING THE WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE LEAVE THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
- Links. No metatags hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any other site may be imposed on the website without the prior express written consent of the Publisher.
- Viruses. If you knowingly send or infect the Website with a virus, Trojan horse, worm, etc then the Publisher retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue you for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred by it as a result of your actions.
- Liability. The Publisher accepts no liability in respect of the content of any third party material appearing on the Website or in respect of the content of any other website to which the Website may be linked from time to time. The Publisher makes no warranty in respect of the contents of this Website and accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and however arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of access to and use of this Website including without limitation acting or failing to act in reliance on any information contained herein.
- Indemnity. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behaviour while on the Website, and agree to indemnify and hold the Publisher, all other companies within Lunar Publishing Ltd, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including legal fees and costs) that they may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of the Website, access to the Website, your violation of either these Terms or the rights of any third party, disclosure of membership passwords and any other matter in connection with your participation in the services on the Website.
- Force Majeure. The Publisher does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Publisher or the server(s) that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- UK Law. Save where specifically indicated otherwise, the Website and its contents are targeted only at UK residents and goods and services offered are available only to UK residents. Any legal proceedings arising as a result of content of or use of the Website shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright Notice and Licence
- Ownership. Except in the case of content you create, the copyright of website contents belongs to the Publisher, or has been included with the consent of other copyright owners. Reproduction in any form, printing or downloading of part or all of the contents is forbidden save in accordance with the licence granted below.
- Licence to copy for personal use: You may print copies of any item in hard copy provided that you do not edit alter amend or delete any part of it or combine it with other material. You may recopy the material to individual third parties for their personal information only if you acknowledge the Website as the source of the information by including such acknowledgement and the address of the Publisher and the Website in the copy of the material AND you inform the third party that the material may not be copied or reproduced in any way. You may not supply the material to any third party for commercial gain.
- No Transmission. No part of the Website or the contents thereof may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Acceptance of Advertisements (website & publication)
The Publication and the Website are produced and published by the Publisher. Orders for insertion of advertisements in the Publication and/or the Website are accepted subject to the following conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in this section the words “published” or “Publication” shall mean published in any publication and/or on any Website(s) owned and produced by the Publisher.
- Warranty. The placing of an order constitutes a warranty from the advertiser and/or advertising agency to the Publisher:
- that the advertisement is legal, decent, honest and truthful, complying with the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion, with any relevant codes of practice and with the requirements of current legislation; and
- that the advertisement is not defamatory and does not infringe the copyright moral rights or any other rights of any third party.
- Links. No hyperlinks or metatags may be included in any advertisements save with the express prior permission of the Publisher.
- Indemnity. The advertiser and/or advertising agency agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, claims, damages, or other charges arising directly or indirectly as a result of the publication of the advertisement(s).
- No Guarantee. While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of advertisers, the Publisher does not guarantee the publication of any particular advertisement or its publication on any particular date.
- Errors. It is the responsibility of the advertiser/advertising agency to check the first appearance of any series of advertisements and notify the Publisher immediately of any errors. The Publisher assumes no responsibility for the correction of errors unless notified by the advertiser. In the event of any error, misprint or omission in the Publication or the Website of an advertisement or part of an advertisement (however caused) the Publisher will either re-publish the advertisement or relevant part of the advertisement as the case may be or make a reasonable refund of or adjustment to the cost. No re-publication, refund or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the advertisement.
- Limitation on Liability. In no circumstances shall the total liability of the Publisher for any error, misprint or omission exceed: o the amount of a full refund of any price paid to the Publisher for the advertisement in connection with which liability arose; or o the cost of a further or corrective advertisement of a type and standard reasonably comparable to that in connection with which liability arose.
- Save as set out above, the Publisher accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage occasioned directly or indirectly as a result of publication of any advertisement or any loss or damage occasioned directly or indirectly by any total or partial failure (however caused) of publication of any advertisement or of any title or website in which any advertisement is scheduled to appear.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Publisher accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage alleged to have arisen through delay in forwarding or omitting to forward replies to box numbers to the advertiser (however caused). The advertiser hereby authorises the Publisher to return to its originator or destroy any communication which, in the reasonable opinion of the Publisher, should not be delivered to the advertiser.
- Refusals and Amendments. The Publisher reserves the right to:
- Refuse any advertisement or if already accepted to cancel the order at any time by giving reasonable notice before the next insertion, but in that event the advertiser/advertising agency shall not be liable for payment of the difference (if any) between the rates for the series specified in the order and the usual price for the series of insertions which has appeared when the order is stopped; and
- require any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in any advertisement.
- Cancellation. An advertising agency may cancel any unexpired part of an order without penalty in the event of the death or failure of its client. Orders cannot be cancelled once the Publisher has commenced to carry out the order in accordance with the first publication date requested by the advertiser. In other cases the Publisher will require four clear working days’ notice of cancellation of any order or unexpired part of an order, or in the case of an advertisement which by reason of its position is chargeable at a premium rate, not less that twenty-eight clear working days’ notice. All cancellations must be notified in writing. Email notification of cancellation is not acceptable.
- Copyright. The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which the Publisher or his employees have originated, contributed to or reworked shall vest in the Publisher.
- Consents. The placing of an order by an advertiser, or an advertising agency on behalf of a client, constitutes an assurance that all necessary authority and consents have been secured in respect of the use in the advertisement(s) (a) of pictorial or other representations of (or purporting to be of) living persons, and of references to any words attributed to living persons and (b) any material the copyright in which vests in a third party.
- Risk. Any material submitted by the advertiser is held by the Publisher at the advertiser’s risk and should be insured by the advertiser against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy without notice all such property after the date of its last appearance in an advertisement unless the advertiser has given instructions to the contrary.
- Rates. The rate payable for transmission of any advertisement shall be in accordance with the Publisher’s current rates from time to time save as otherwise agreed with the Publisher.
- Payment Terms. Unless credit terms have been agreed, payment must be received in full no later than 7 days prior to insertion. Payment may be made by cheque or BACS transfer.
- Disclosure of Identity. The Publisher reserves the right to disclose the name and address of advertisers and/or agencies to the police, trading standards officials, or any other relevant authority and, where the Publisher in its sole discretion deems it reasonable, to other third parties.
- Advertising Orders. Advertising orders are issued by an advertising agency as a principal and must be on the agency’s official form. When copy instructions not constituting an official order are issued, they shall be clearly marked “Copy instruction – not an order”.
- The Newspaper Society. The terms of the Recognition agreement between the Newspaper Society and the Publisher, or between the Newspaper Society and the Newspaper Proprietors Association and recognised advertising agencies are deemed to be incorporated in these conditions of acceptance of advertisement orders for the publication and transmission of all advertisements accepted from the recognition advertising agency. Without prejudice to the generality of these terms, these conditions of acceptance specifically extend to any personal guarantee given by the Directors or any other person on behalf of a recognised agency at the time of recognition in respect of any unsatisfied liabilities of the agency in the event of the agency’s liquidation or insolvency. Such guarantee is part of these conditions of acceptance.
- Acceptance.The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an agency’s or advertiser’s order form or elsewhere by an agency or an advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
Disability Access Statement
The Website has been built in compliance with W3C WAI standard Single A, to ensure accessibility to all users, irrespective of their physical ability. Great effort has been employed to ensure old content meets the above standards. Due to high volumes of content not all old content meets the W3C WAI standards. The Publisher is dedicated to supporting all users. If you experience any difficulties using the Website please contact the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.