Council seeks your views on future skills and education needsFeb 10, 2019
The success of the city’s expansion is connected to continued inward investment, business growth and an environment where start-up ventures can thrive.
The Children and Young People’s Scrutiny Committee is asking experts to come forward. It examines the services and targets needed to support positive outcomes for local children and young people.
The topics the committee is particularly interested in include:
- Likely developments in our working environment;
- How education and skills provision should prepare for the future;
- The current provision of education in the city and how it could be improved;
- What role both the public and private sectors could play;
- The extent to which we will need to accommodate continuous re-education and training as part of working life.
Cllr Sam Crooks, chair of the children and young people scrutiny committee said: “Milton Keynes is preparing for the future. We need to ensure the right educational foundations are in place so local people and businesses can prosper.
“We’re keen to hear from industry experts as they’re already thinking about the skills MK’s future workforce will need. I look forward to receiving their contributions.”
The committee would like all written responses to be submitted by no later than March 4. All contributors will be invited to a discussion with the committee which will be held at 7pm on April 2.
To make a submission contact overview and scrutiny officer Roslyn Tidman, at [email protected] or by post to:
Re: Contribution to Growth of Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ