They are looking to attract even more entries than for the 2015 awards and have streamlined the entry process to encourage as many businesses as possible to enter or to nominate.
Awards chairman Dr Philip Smith said: “At the top of our to-do list is reaching more businesses and persuading them of the benefits of entering. They include the positive media exposure generated, the effect on staff morale and, for finalists, a great night out.”
The organisers also want to see more entries from the logistics, retail and manufacturing sectors in particular among the 12 open award categories.
“There are thousands of other businesses of all kinds within the MK postcode area – and that includes Bedford and Buckingham – that have yet to be part of MKBAA,” said Dr Smith. “So please enter one of the 12 open award categories and take your chance to shine in 2016.
“We have a streamlined two-stage online entry process that is even easier to navigate, as well as the opportunity for businesses to be nominated by others.”
Entries are now open for submission via the MK BAA website www.mkbaa.co.uk. The closing date is November 30 and the awards will be presented at aglittering gala ceremony on March 10 at stadiummk.
ENTERING THE AWARDS? HERE ARE 10 TOP TIPS
- Make your entry easy and interesting to read.
- Keep your entry brief and to the point.
- Read the criteria for the category you are entering carefully and ensure you cover these in your entry.
- What makes your entry stand out in the category you are entering? What is your Unique Selling Point?
- Avoid repetition and ‘copy and paste.’
- What does your company or your employees do for Milton Keynes?
- Sell yourself to the judges, giving some examples where appropriate.
- Consider what the judges are seeking, special attributes etc.
- Make sure you have included everything that is relevant about your business.
- Don’t include attachments