Be a mental health first aider in construction industryJul 28, 2018
THSP is passionate about the wellbeing of all people especially those within the construction industry. With the highest suicide rate of all industries across the UK, we want to work with the construction industry to help bring the number of suicides down to zero.
You may ensure the physical wellbeing of your staff with trained first aiders, but do you have any Mental Health First Aiders?
No? This is why we are now offering the construction Mental Health First Aid course, to enable those working within the industry to identify, understand and ultimately help any person who is developing any mental health issues.
The course will enable you to recognise the crucial signs of mental ill health and ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing;
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues;
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress;
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening;
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support;
- The knowledge to help break the stigma of mental health.
The first Mental Health First Aid Course is being run in central London at the Union Jack Club on September 20 and 21, price £200 + VAT.
It is fully certified and all delegates who complete the course will be recognised as Mental Health First Aiders by Mental Health First Aid England.
Delegates must attend and complete both days of the course and they will receive a MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever it is required.
THSP is offering this MHFA course on behalf of Passe-Partout who will be using their qualified trainers to teach this syllabus.
For more information on the course and to book, visit our training website here or call Steve Sellick, Hannah or Kelly on 03456 122 144.