Hilton Milton Keynes
Timbold Drive, Kents Hill MK7 6HL
0930 Exhibition opens
1000-1045 Symposium 1 – Coca Cola Enterprises
1200-1245 Symposium 2 – WRAP
1400-1445 Symposium 3 – thecentre:mk
1500 Q&A panel
ONE of the leading companies in Milton Keynes is making a difference to the local environment.
Through its water stewardship, sustainable packaging, climate protection, beverage benefits, active healthy lifestyle and caring for the community commitments, Coca-Cola Enterprises is working to make a difference in everything it does.
Packaging ensures that CCE products are delivered safely and conveniently. It is working with its customers and suppliers involved in packaging recovery schemes to reduce and recycle the amount of material used in its packaging.
The company has been a zero landfill site since 2007 and segregates and monitors the way its packaging is recovered responsibly.
Its plant at Northfield opened in 1976 and has grown to become the second largest Coca-Cola Enterprises site in the UK. It produces more than one-third of all canned Coca-Cola products made in the UK as well as being a dedicated production site for the soft drink Capri-Sun.
To manufacture and distribute its products, CCE needs energy, which generates carbon emissions. By identifying the opportunities, CCE’s Milton Keynes plant is taking bigger steps to reduce its carbon footprint:
- CCEMK has invested in and installed solar lighting in the warehouse and manufacturing areas;
- The low energy lighting in the other areas are controlled by motion detectors;
- CCEMK has improved its energy usage by 14 per cent to 75.54 kwh/1,000litres.
Water is the number one ingredient in CCE’s beverages and is a valuable resource. CCE’s target is to aim for water neutrality.
- CCEMK has beaten its water ratio target of 1.48 by 8pc;
- This has been achieved by volumetric filling equipment and reusing rinse waters
CCEMK is investing in the community, and investing in its people.
- CCE is sponsoring the 2010 training award and the environmental award at the Milton Keynes & North Bucks Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards’
- CCE’s teams are involved in career coaching programmes, school visits, environmental projects and community recycling activities both at home and abroad.
Today, Coca-Cola Enterprises’ portfolio includes an increasingly wide variety of beverages in different sizes, many of which are zero or low calorie. Consumers will have the right product and package in the right place, at the right moment, in the right way.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Milton Keynes is an engaged manufacturer utilising local resources. Where possible, it contracts and engages with local suppliers within the region rather than outside supply chain partners – local builders and trades and also employs local people who work in the contract cleaning, security and canteen facilities.
MEET THE EXHIBITORS